School Improvement Plan now available here in PDF format.
Check out the September 2017 Calendar of Events. (Click on the image for a larger version).
To engage everyone in a united effort to provide lifelong learning.
The faculty and staff of Natchitoches Junior High School believe that every student is entitled to an education in a safe, disciplined, and challenging environment. Furthermore, we believe that an education must include not only academics but also basic life skills that will prepare students to live and function successfully in our society. To this end, we believe that Natchitoches Junior High School must provide a quality education that prepares students for high school. Teachers must inspire students to achieve their full potential by instilling in them a strong work ethic and desire to learn. Students must exhibit self-discipline and not infringe on the rights of other students to learn. Finally, we believe that the responsibility for the success of our students must be assumed by all – administrators, teachers, students, parents and the community.
Administration and Staff
Principal – Mr. Edwin Mason
Assistant Principal – Ms. Chrystal Davis
Discipline Coordinator – Mr. Tarrance Star
Secretary – Mrs. Constance Bush
Guidance Counselor – Ms. LaKesha Walker
Nurse – Mrs. Rachel Moses
SBLC Coordinator – Mrs. Jennifer Robertson
Model Teacher – Ms. Trisha Weaver
Cafeteria Manager – Ms. Orena Coutee
A complete 2017-2018 Master Teacher list is available here in PDF format.
Objectives of Natchitoches Junior High School
1. To provide a comprehensive program of studies that is both challenging and attainable.
2. To supply quality instruction that will provide each student with adequate knowledge of basic educational skills, including the ability to think rationally and to speak and write effectively.
3. To provide a challenging and meaningful elective programs.
4. To provide co-curricular experiences and extracurricular activities that will enhance and promote the development of social behavior, health and leisure, and aesthetic values.
5. To promote continuous study and evaluation of the total education program in an effort to meet the changing needs and life goals of the community.
6. To provide instructional experiences and facilities conducive to the development of a positive self-image, tolerance of the views and ideas of others, respect for authority, and responsible citizenship.
This school is officially open in the morning at 7:15 a.m. and closes at 3:00 p.m. The administrative area is not a general entrance to the school. Any student or group of students remaining in the building after 3:00 p.m. must be supervised by a member of the faculty. Maintenance and custodial personnel will not assume this responsibility.
The official school colors are Maroon-Gold-White
Natchitoches Central Junior High School
1621 Welch Street
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Official colors: Maroon-Gold-White